Tuesday, June 10, 2014

REVIEW: Twisted Together (Monsters in the Dark #3) – Pepper Winters

Released: June 3rd, 2014

“After battling through hell, I brought my esclave back from the brink of ruin. I sacrificed everything—my heart, my mind, my very desires to bring her back to life. And for a while, I thought it broke me, that I’d never be the same. But slowly the beast is growing bolder, and it’s finally time to show Tess how beautiful the dark can be.”

Q gave everything to bring Tess back. In return, he expects nothing less. Tess may have leashed and tamed him, but he’s still a monster inside.

After surviving the darkness, a new dawn has begun. Twisted Together wades through black to grey, chasing the light of true love to banish the shadows forever.

Pain is a requirement, connection a necessity. But ultimately Q and Tess must face their demons, before they can embrace their future.
"In sickness and in health, in life and in death, you will belong to me. And I will belong to you."

I don't think I've ever read a book darker than Twisted Together. The intensity and ferocity of, not only the conflicts they face, but also their feelings toward each other terrified me and excited me in a way that no other book has done before. Pepper Winter brings us a twisted tale about two lovers, craving pain and pleasure, craving the freedom that they so strongly desire. It was gritty, intense, and one hell of a ride.

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

After I read the first few chapters, I gently placed my iPad down and just stopped.


It was so fucking intense. The on-the-edge scenes of Tess' nightmares, Q's cure. Sweet Jesus. I was just so fucking scared because I've never read something like that before. But this scene proved how much Q really cared and felt for her. How much he was willing to sacrifice and face in order for Tess to overcome her fears.

Tess had crazy nightmares but it didn't mean that Q loved her any less.

I whispered, “I’ll get better. I’m sorry you have to put up with the sleepless nights. I’ll understand if you want me to move downstairs for a while.”
Q squeezed me angrily. “Get that ridiculous thought out of your head. You’re not moving from my fucking side. Tu m’entends?” Do you hear me?”
I think I fall in love more and more with Mr. Mercer with each and every book.

And the amount of trust that Tess puts into Q is immeasurable.

I whispered, “Moineau. Je sais que c’est le mot de sécurité, mais je ne vais pas en avoir besoin.” Sparrow. I know the safe-word, but I won’t have need of it.
“Why not?” Q asked.
“Because I’m always safe with you.”
Both of them had troubled pasts. They're more broken than you could ever imagine. But the pieces of their souls fit together and that's why their somehow, well, twisted together.

I loved the connection, the sex, the everything between them both. You can always see and feel how much they love each other even though we probably might not be able to connect to their ways. Well, I'm saying that for myself. But in spite of that fact, I still fell in love with them over and over again.

But the one thing I don't understand is that, why is it that in every single book of the Monsters in the Dark series, at least, one of them has to be kidnapped? Like, why? I mean, this book could've been focused solely on resolving Q's demons but the conflicts were too jumbled up. It was like the third Tobey Maguire's Spiderman. All the villains and the issues were stuffed into one book that the book sort of lost its focus. Now I know how my teacher feels when he's scolding me.

That was the only problem I had though with the book. Otherwise, flawless as always.

MY RATING:
4.5 APPLES!!!!!

✭ BUY LINKS ✭
  

♕ Tears of Tess (Monsters in the Dark #1): ♕

♕ Quintessentially Q (Monsters in the Dark #2): ♕
Amazon | Kobo | Barnes&Noble

♕ Twisted Together (Monsters in the Dark #3): ♕

Pepper Winters wears many roles. Some of them include writer, reader, sometimes wife. She loves dark, taboo stories that twist with your head. The more tortured the hero the better and she constantly thinks up ways to break and fix her characters. Oh, and sex… her books have sex.

She loves to travel and has an amazing, fabulous hubby (who speaks French—hot!) who puts up with her love affair with her book boyfriends. She loves to hear from her readers so hit her up at pepperwinters@gmail.com

Check her out in these sites:

✻ ✻ ✻


No comments:

Post a Comment