Thursday, July 3, 2014

REVIEW: The Saint (The Original Sinners #5) – Tiffany Reisz

Released: June 24th, 2014

In the beginning, there was him.

Gutsy, green-eyed Eleanor never met a rule she didn't want to break. She's sick of her mother's zealotry and the confines of Catholic school, and declares she'll never go to church again. But her first glimpse of beautiful, magnetic Father Søren Stearns and his lust-worthy Italian motorcycle is an epiphany. Suddenly, daily Mass seems like a reward, and her punishment is the ache she feels when they're apart. He is intelligent and insightful and he seems to know her intimately at her very core. Eleanor is consumed—and even she knows that can't be right.

But when one desperate mistake nearly costs Eleanor everything, it is Søren who steps in to save her. She vows to repay him with complete obedience…and a whole world opens before her as he reveals to her his deepest secrets.

Danger can be managed—pain, welcomed. Everything is about to begin.
"It begins with a whimper but ends in a bang."
**COPY PROVIDED BY AUTHOR FOR AN HONEST REVIEW**

Never have I ever felt so much pain and happiness and frustration all at the same time when reading a book until Tiffany Reisz came along. The Original Series has continued to wow me over and over again and it was no different with The Saint. The emotional connection between Eleanor and Søren is uncontainable and undeniable. They have a wonderful relationship where aside from love and friendship, they've also got the fights that will crack you up. Really, you will never be disappointed with this series.

That's about the extent I can go before I go into full-blown fangirl mode. Here it goes…

OKAY HOLY SHIT WOW HOLY SHITTTTT. Oh my God, this book was just as good as the previous two. Eleanor really is the shit. My God, I love her character to bits. I couldn't stop laughing with her. 

I mean honestly this kid. When she refused to go to church (by claiming that she's turned buddhist and atheist), her mom had to convince her by telling her that they had a new handsome priest. Didn't work. The priest had a really expensive motorcycle? Sign her up.
"I'm coming. But I'm doing it for the Ducati, not for God."
Sometimes I wonder what I would do if I had a daughter like her. Sweet mama I love this kid so much. She was like fifteen at that time. Wow.

Honestly, I highlighted so many quotes from this book that it's impossible to fit into this review. Really. Just read the book. I'd probably highlight the whole book if I could.

In this story, we get the introduction to Eleanor Schreiber before she became the infamous, notorious Nora Sutherlin (we even find out where she gets that name from!). This is a story about a child who felt unwanted and trapped, and was saved both emotionally and physically by this hot goddamn priest, Søren.

I mean seriously, descriptions of Søren? Lord Almighty, take me now.
His voice, rich and resonant, echoed out to the very edges of the church and back again. His words wrapped around her like a golden cord binding her to him. The sanctuary brightened with each word he spoke as if the sun itself drew closer to hear his voice.

How do you not fall in love with a man who has a description of his voice like that? ONLY HIS VOICE MAN. Imagine the rest of him. Wow. He's like some kind of Greek god. Hell, he'll probably define a Greek god.

Then Søren's also just so wow. WOW. Like honestly, WOW. He's so fucking sweet and thoughtful and oh my God, I'm in love with him.
"Because there is nothing I wouldn't do to protect you, Eleanor. Nothing I wouldn't do to help you and nothing I wouldn't do to save you. Nothing."
 and…
"You're not fine, Eleanor. You're risking hypothermia and whatever you think of me right now, I'm not worth hurting yourself over."
Seriously? SERIOUSLY???

This man is utter perfection.

But really, Nora/Eleanor is my favorite heroine. EVER. Ever. Ever. EVER.
"What are you doing over here? Shouldn't you be all snuggled up in bed with Jesus?"
I can go on and on about this book and it would never be sufficient enough to describe it. Buy it. Read it. LOVE IT.

MY RATING:
5 APPLES!!!!!

✭ BUY LINKS ✭
    
(Click book cover for Goodreads link)

♕ The Siren (The Original Sinners #1) ♕

♕ The Angel (The Original Sinners #2) ♕
Amazon | Barnes&Noble | Kobo

♕ The Prince (The Original Sinners #3) ♕
Amazon | Barnes&Noble | Kobo

♕ The Mistress (The Original Sinners #4) ♕
Amazon | Barnes&Noble | Kobo

♕ The Saint (The Original Sinners #5) ♕
Amazon | Barnes&Noble | Kobo

 
Tiffany Reisz is the author of the internationally bestselling and award-winning Original Sinners series for Mira Books (Harlequin/Mills & Boon). Tiffany's books inhabit a sexy shadowy world where romance, erotica and literature meet and do immoral and possibly illegal things to each other. She describes her genre as "literary friction," a term she stole from her main character, who gets in trouble almost as often as the author herself.

She lives in Portland, Oregon. If she couldn't write, she would die.




Check her out in these sites:

✻ ✻ ✻

Just because I love this book so much, I'm giving it two of my own teasers!




No comments:

Post a Comment