Saturday, December 14, 2013

REVIEW: Fifty Shades of Grey – E.L. James + SET PHOTOS!!!

Released: April 2012

When literature student Anastasia Steele goes to interview young entrepreneur Christian Grey, she encounters a man who is beautiful, brilliant, and intimidating. The unworldly, innocent Ana is startled to realize she wants this man and, despite his enigmatic reserve, finds she is desperate to get close to him. Unable to resist Ana’s quiet beauty, wit, and independent spirit, Grey admits he wants her, too—but on his own terms.

Shocked yet thrilled by Grey’s singular erotic tastes, Ana hesitates. For all the trappings of success—his multinational businesses, his vast wealth, his loving family—Grey is a man tormented by demons and consumed by the need to control. When the couple embarks on a daring, passionately physical affair, Ana discovers Christian Grey’s secrets and explores her own dark desires.

Erotic, amusing, and deeply moving, the Fifty Shades Trilogy is a tale that will obsess you, possess you, and stay with you forever.

This book is intended for mature audiences.
"There's a very fine line between pleasure and pain. They are two sides of the same coin, one not existing without the other."
In anticipation of the movie coming out on February 13th, 2015, I am finally getting around to write my official review for this book. Fifty Shades of Grey is not the type of book you'd story-tell in class. It's intense, exhilarating, terrifying, arousing as hell, and not to mention, romantic. Despite some of the critics' downgrading of this book, this novel is very enjoyable and not only in terms of sex, but also in the profoundly evident romance in it. 

Although I must admit that the author's writing style didn't appeal to me most of the time (probably 75% of the time), the content definitely triumphs over quality in this case.

The Fifty Shades series was what motivated me to read and read and read. Because of this book, I began to explore more novels in the more adult genre and I found it very entertaining in more ways than one. So I really want to say thank you EL James for giving me an incentive to read.

When people think of this book, all they think about is the – as I quote Christian Grey – "kinky fuckery". But it wasn't just that. It wasn't only about the BDSM in it. It was about love. About a broken man with a horrid past finding love in such an innocent woman. They both explore their sexualities and preferences and discover what they like and dislike.

Ana Steele has never had a serious relationship. Ever
Sometimes I wonder if there's something wrong with me. Perhaps I've spent too long in the company of my literary romantic heroes, and consequently my ideals and expectations are far too high.
I know exactly how you feel especially considering the fact that I read too much.

But Ana was a real character in this case. I admired her intelligence and her strength. Her witty remarks. Her desire to challenge Christian. She was different than his previous subs and that was what attracted him to her.

And honestly, if you don't swoon over Christian Grey, I just don't know how you do it. AT ALL. Every time something comes out of his mouth, I just fan myself.
"I'd like to bite that lip."
Or…
"Oh, fuck the paperwork," he growls. He lunges at me, pushing me against the wall of the elevator. Before I know it, he's got both of my hands in one of his in a vice-like grip above my head, and he's pinning me to the wall using his hips. His other hand grabs my ponytail and yanks down, bringing my face up, and his lips are on mine.

The things I'd do to that man. But I'm not going to spoil it for you. It's honestly such a good book if you ignore most of the author's writing style. I love Ana's quips and Christian's sweet words, but some parts, I just hate it with a burning passion because I can't even imagine writing that down.

Minor Faults:

  • "Oh my." I just. No.
  • Inner goddess I've never found anything more annoying than that shit.

MY RATING:

4 AND A HALF APPLES!!!!!

★ Amazon | B&N | Kobo ★


E L James is a former TV executive, wife and mother-of-two based in West London. Since early childhood she dreamed of writing stories that readers would fall in love with, but put those dreams on hold to focus on her family and her career. She finally plucked up the courage to put pen to paper with her first novel, Fifty Shades of Grey. She is also the author of Fifty Shades Darker and Fifty Shades Freed.

Check her out in these sites:
Website | Twitter | Facebook

☆ MOVIE UPDATES ☆
I honestly just can't help but share all these set photos I've seen all over the internet! HOLY SHIT!!! To say that I was super super excited would be an understatement. 

CHRISTIAN GREY EVERYONE!!! Pumped to see Jamie Dornan as him. He looks pretty damn good so far.
 

AND CHRISTIAN AND ANNA!!! I'm turning into a puddle.
  

Credits:
Bottom: Just Jared

1 comment:

  1. The ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ movie’s casting team never has a dull moment.Every other day news surfaces that someone or the other has been chosen to be added to the ensemble
    EL James

    ReplyDelete