Tuesday, November 5, 2013

[Review] Finding Cinderella - Colleen Hoover

Released: October 14th, 2013 

This novella is a companion novel to the Hopeless series, but it can be read as a standalone.

A chance encounter int he dark leads eighteen-year-old Daniel and the girl who stumbles across him to profess their love for each other. But this love comes with conditions: they agree it will only last one hour and it will only be make-believe.

When their hour is up and the girl rushes off like Cinderella, Daniel tries to convince himself that what happened between them only seemed perfect because they were pretending it was perfect. Moments like that with girls like her don't happen outside of fairytales. 

One year and one bad relationship later, his disbelief in insta-love is stripped away the day he meets Six: a girl with a strange name and an even stranger personality. Daniel soon realizes the way he pretended to feel about Cinderella and the way he really feels about Six may not be so different after all. Especially when the two loves of his life end up being one in the same.

Unfortunately for Daniel, finding Cinderella doesn't guarantee their happily ever after… it only further threatens it. 
"In reality, people are who they are and they'll never change."
This novella made my cheeks hurt. I was smiling and grinning and giggling like a freaking gossip girl. It was sweet, short tale about second chances of meeting your first love and about searching for "the one". Daniel and Six were in an unusual relationship that moved so damn fast but they understood it. They understood why the world worked the way it worked for them. And that what made it so damn awesome.

SQUEEEE!!! I read this awhile ago and I'm finally getting up off my ass to write a review on it. This novel is so fucking adorable. I've been looking forward to this since the wonderful Colleen Hoover first announced it.

Daniel and Six were funny as hell but they also had their romantic and intense moments. But, mostly funny as hell. I loved both their characters. They were interesting and different and they definitely captured my interest throughout the whole story.

The story starts off with Daniel who is pissed off with Val, and if you've read the Hopeless series then you'd know that they have a fucking weird relationship they have.
"So why the hell are Val and I even wasting our time on this exhausting relationship if we don't even really like who each other is?"
These two are a weird bunch. Like really, I don't even know what their relationship is based on.

And God, after Daniel ends things with Val.
Val: [glaring] "Can I talk to you?"Daniel: "Do I have a choice?"

Daniel knew Six was different straightaway when they first meet. But they couldn't date because Holder restricted it. He forbade it. But Daniel, being Daniel, asked her out anyway. And they went on a date. And he was so damn surprised that he enjoyed himself.

But let's not spoil the whole story. I want to mention some of the most hilarious parts in the book. Including…

Exhibit A
Daniel and Holder being gay.

You're my best friend and I love you. I'm not ashamed to admit that I love a guy. I love you, Holder. Daniel Weasley loves Dean Holder. Always and forever."
"Daniel, go make out with your girlfriend," he says, waving me off.
I shake my head. "Not until you tell me you love me, too."
His head falls back against Sky's headboard. "I fucking love you, now GO AWAY!"

Exhibit B
Daniel's fucking flawless family. Part 1.

Daniel: “What neither of you like Val?”
Chunk: “I hate Val.”
Mom: “God, me, too.”
Dad: “Me three.”
...........
Dad: “Your mother and I are masters at reverse psychology, Danny-boy. Don’t act so surprised.”
Chunk: “Me, too, Dad. I reverse psychologized him, too.”
Dad: [high fives Chunk] “Well played, Chunk.”
Daniel: “You guys were just pretending to like Val? What the hell for?”
Dad: “Children are natural inclined to make choices that will displease their parents. If we had told you how we really felt about Val, you probably would have ended up marrying her just to spite us. Which is why we pretended to love her.”
Exhibit C
Daniel's fucking flawless family. Part 2.
You talk to him about the fact that we haven't had sex?" Six says, completely embarrassed.
My father shakes his head. "No, he doesn't have to. I know because every night he comes home he goes straight to his bedroom and takes a thirty-minute shower. I was eighteen once."
Six covers her face with her hands. "Oh, my God." She peeks through her hands at my dad. "I guess I know who Daniel gets his personality from."
My father nods. "Tell me about it. His mother is terribly inappropriate.

As you can see I have given you all three reasons (out of a million more) of why you should totally read this book.

NOW GO! IT'S FREE TOO (the best part)!!! GO GET IT!!! NOW! Yes, you! Now!

Oh, and there's a plot twist too! Kbai.

Minor Faults:

MY RATING:

5 FLAWLESS APPLES!!!!!

★ Amazon | B&N | iBooks

❤ READ MY REVIEW OF HER BOOKS ❤
Losing Hope (Hopeless #2) ❊ 4.5 APPLES!!!




Colleen hoover is a huge fan of music and she has an eclectic taste. She's addicted to diet pepsi, and it's a serious case. She gets excited with friend requests on goodreads. So far, she's written two series, which include the Slammed series and the Hopeless series. She is expected to have two more books coming out in 2014.

Check her out in these sites:

No comments:

Post a Comment