Sunday, March 23, 2014

REVIEW: Pulled Beneath (Bar Harbor #1) – Marni Mann

Released: March 18th, 2014

What happens when you uncover years of secrets and find out everything you thought to be true was a lie?

Drew Stevens finds her world turned upside down when her parents are brutally murdered. Soon after, she learns she inherited a property in Bar Harbor, Maine, from recently deceased grandparents that she believed had died when she was a baby.

Drew travels north to settle her grandparents’ estate, but finds more questions than answers as the truth starts unraveling. What she didn’t expect to find was Saint, whose reputation is as tumultuous as his past. But the very thing that brings them together is the same thing that keeps them emotionally caged.

With Saint's scars so deep and Drew's so fresh, can the pair heal from their painful wounds or will they be pulled beneath the darkness of their pasts?
"People in pain were drawn to each other. That was what pulled me to him."
*ARC PROVIDED BY AUTHOR FOR A HONEST REVIEW*

Such a lovely, lovely novel. I absolutely adored it. It was heart-breaking to see the characters discover so much more about themselves and also about others, but it was an exhilarating experience. I loved reading the book from Drew's point of view and I loved the chemistry between her and Saint.

Pulled Beneath definitely makes it to my favorite books of this year as the list grows. It was so heartfelt and charged with emotion. I could feel the pain of the characters, what saddened them, what angered them, what thrilled them. It was a great novel.

The story starts out with the death of Drew's parents and it was the beginning to who she becomes throughout the novel. And then we see her develop as she temporarily moves to Maine to keep track of the renovations to the house her grandparents – who she didn't even know were still alive up until then – left her.

Drew always wanted to numb herself. She wanted to avoid all of the pain. She got rid of things that related to her parents from her thoughts. What I liked about her was that she didn't turn into one of those characters who drank all night long and had sex with strangers just to numb that. No, she actually turned her desire to be numb into a healthy hobby, which is swimming. 
That's why I swam: to pause it all, to mute my parents' noises, to shove those images to the back of my brain until I stepped out of the water again.
She wants to block it all out. Just like Saint. And that's where Saint comes in.

WHEW SAINT!!!


MY GOD I WANT TO TAAAAP THIS MAN. He's smoking. He's got issues. He's just perfect. He's perfectly imperfect. He's such a sweet guy even though he can be such an idiot at times. But I love him.
“You’re not going to bed…not yet.” This time, he held me at the waist. It was enough to stop me from taking another step.
“And why is that?”
He slowly turned me around and his hands moved to my cheeks, gently caressing my face and tilting my lips until they aligned with his. His mouth was inches from mine. I felt his warmth everywhere.
“Because I can’t let you go yet,” he said softly.
SWEET MAMA! I love this man too much.

MY RATING:
4.5 APPLES!!!!!

✭ BOOK LINKS ✭
(Click book cover for Goodreads link)

♕ Pulled Beneath (Bar Harbor #1) ♕

A New Englander at heart, Marni Mann, now a Floridian is inspired by the sandy beaches and hot pink sunsets of Sarasota. She taps a mainstream appeal and shakes worldwide taboos, taking her readers on a dark and breathtaking journey. When she's not nose deep in her laptop, she's scouring for Nutella, traveling, reading, or walking her four-legged children.

Connect with Marni on her Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/MarniMannAuthor or on Instagram: MarniMann

Check her out in these sites:

✻ ✻ ✻


No comments:

Post a Comment