Thursday, March 13, 2014

REVIEW: Uncovering You: The Contract – Scarlett Edwards

Released: March 27th, 2014

When I wake up in a dark, unfamiliar room, I have no idea what's waiting for me in the shadows. My imagination conjures up demons of the worst kind.

Reality is much worse:

A collar with no leash. A prison with no walls. And a life stripped of meaning.

I am presented with a vile contract and asked to sign. It outlines the terms of my servitude. The only information I have about my captor are the two small letters inked at the bottom:

J.S.

Armed with only my memories, I must do everything I can to avoid becoming ensnared in his twisted mind games. But in the end, it all comes down to one choice:

Resist and die.

Or submit, and sign my life away.
"Despair is what whoever brought me here wants me to feel."
**ARC PROVIDED BY AUTHOR FOR AN HONEST REVIEW**

A short, gritty read introduction to a dark series. Uncovering You was a pretty good read and an excellent start to a book. I looked forward to each chapter, to each page of the novella. It was confusing and a complete what-the-fuck kind of situation for me. Nevertheless, I'm definitely looking forward to the next installment.

Wow, I can't really say much about this book since it was only 104 pages on my iPad wow. I thought that it was going to be longer and more detailed. But the author creates this intricate ambiguity that makes us crave more and more. We end up looking forward to each chapter because we just can't wait for this mysterious captor to show up. 

The heroine, Lilly, wakes up in this empty room with nothing but a pillar in the middle, a string tied to her foot and a collar around her neck. 

She's always been an intelligent and careful woman and yet, the one time she lets her guard down is the one time that she will regret it. 

This is Lilly at the beginning:

And this is her when she realizes all her attempts are futile:

Damnnn. This book was actually pretty good but I WANT MOREEEE!!! 

So I loved how the book kept alternating between the past and the present and places everything into context. LOVED IT! I loved the structure of the book and the suspense that just makes me beg for the next book ;)

Basically, a pretty damn good read but I really need the second one (APRIL 20TH, 2014).

MY RATING:
3.5 — 4 APPLES!!!!!

✭ BOOK LINKS ✭
(Click book cover for Goodreads link)

♕ Uncovering You: The Contract (Uncovering You #1) 


I wrote my first book as a college sophomore in February 2013. I haven't stopped since.

If you want to get in touch, post on my Facebook wall or email me. I get a thrill every time I see a new message from a reader, so don't be shy! I always message back.


Check her out in these sites:

 ✻ ✻ ✻


No comments:

Post a Comment