Monday, June 2, 2014

REVIEW: Splendor (Inevitable #2) – Janet Nissenson

Released: 17 June 2014

British hotelier Ian Gregson had it all – wealth, good looks, power, and a share in his family’s worldwide, multi-billion dollar luxury hotel chain. His very name was synonymous with sophistication and elegance, and any woman he wanted could be his with just a look. But the only woman he truly desired was strictly forbidden to him for too many reasons to count.

Tessa Lockwood was young, beautiful, and lonely, despite the fact that she was a married woman. Her life had not been an easy one, and the extravagant world she caught glimpses of as an employee of the Gregson Hotel Group was far beyond anything she could ever dream of. She could no more imagine herself ensconced in that sort of luxurious lifestyle than she could attracting the attention of her handsome, debonair boss.

Ian and Tessa secretly long for each other from afar, never daring to reveal their forbidden attraction to the other, until circumstances bring them together in a very unexpected way. And from that point on, nothing will stand in Ian’s way to finally make her his.

AUTHOR’S NOTE – despite what you might be thinking at this point, there is NO cheating in this story – just an incredibly romantic hero who will make you swoon with the way in which he sweeps the heroine off her feet!
"Because I didn't waste two and a half years waiting for you only to have you taken away from me now."
**COPY PROVIDED BY AUTHOR FOR AN HONEST REVIEW**

Wow, Splendor is one of the hottest reads I've had this year. It was fun, simple, sweet, sexy. It's refreshing compared to the angst-filled books I've read lately and it's a very nice change. The characters were charming as hell and I fell in love with their intelligence but also their amusing antics. This book had the drama, the humor, the love that we all crave.

I was happy when Janet contacted me to review this book but, I was going into it with a whole different expectation than what I got. It's not a bad thing, really. It's actually good that the story surprised me instead of following what I predicted would happen.

First, let's start with Ian. I loved Ian's character. He was the broody type of man but when we see things from his point of view, we realize that he has plenty of emotions built up inside of him. Jealousy, love, excitement. God, I loved it! Not to mention he was sexy as hell.


I really liked how Ian took control of things and how, even though it was sort of obvious to some of the characters, he was more discreet about his emotions for Tessa. He knew how to handle different situations and I was like, "This is my kind of guy."

The way he suppressed his feelings for Tessa was just alwkejrklwejr
He wanted her with him constantly – living in his home, sleeping in his bed, travelling with him wherever and whenever he had to go. But, instead, he continued to experience the frustration of not being able to betray his feelings for her – not while she was still a married woman.
SO. DAMN. HONORABLE. I love you. And we can see how he doesn't only feel lust towards her but also love.

And he can also crack a funny [snorts]
"The day you move in with me permanently and quit your job, we're having an official raincoat burning party. And I get to do the honors of tossing that damned thing into the fire."
Ah, young love.

But Ian also had his faults. I really didn't like how he kept mentioning that he was older than her. I mean, say it once, we get it. It sounded more like self-pity. And the way he calls her "darling girl" gives me the creeps. Maybe it's because he's like talking to his daughter, which is kind of weird since it seems like incest. But, whatever, that was the only thing I didn't like about him.

Tessa too was impressive at first. She came highly recommended in the office and she actually did her work. I really liked her relationship with Peter because they were, well, not lovers, but best friends and both were survivors.

However, I felt that Tessa's character development became too rushed in her relationship with Ian. I mean, yes, we still have that sweet innocent character but then during sex? She was initially so inexperienced and suddenly she's all over sex? Ehh, I didn't really feel that.

But honestly, overall the book was absolutely fantastic. The sex was SMOKING HOT. Trust me, I was just blown away by it and the chemistry they have.

I'm definitely looking forward to more of Janet Nissenson's books!

MY RATING:
4 APPLES!!!!!

✭ BOOK LINKS ✭
 
(Click book cover for Goodreads link)

♕ Serendipity (Inevitable #1) ♕
Amazon | Barnes&Noble | Kobo

♕ Splendor (Inevitable #2) // pre-order [17 June 2014] ♕

Janet is a lifelong resident of the San Francisco Bay Area, and currently resides on the northern California coast with her husband Steve and Golden Retriever Max. She worked for more than two decades in the financial services industry before turning her focus to producing running events. She is a former long-distance runner, current avid yoga practitioner, is addicted to Pinterest, likes to travel and read. She has been writing for more than three decades but Serendipity is her first official published work. She plans five more books in the Inevitable series, with each one a standalone with new lead characters, so no cliffhangers or waiting months to see what happens next!

Check her out in these sites:

✻ ✻ ✻


No comments:

Post a Comment