Thursday, January 30, 2014

REVIEW: Wild Man (Dream Man #2) – Kristen Ashley

Released: October 4th, 2011

While filling her display case in her bakery, the bell over the door sounds and Tessa O’Hara looks up and sees the man of her dreams. Within thirty seconds he asks her out for a beer. Thirty seconds later, she says yes. But after four months of falling in love, she discovers he’s an undercover DEA Agent investigating the possibility she’s involved in her ex-husband’s drug business

Obviously Tess decides this means it’s over.

But DEA Agent Brock Lucas disagrees. A man on a mission who’s really committed to his job, he’s spent years in the underbelly of Denver with the dregs of society. And spending four months with Tess who’s as sweet as her cupcakes, he seriously enjoyed his job. But during Tess’s interrogation, Brock learns the devastating secret Tess is carrying and he’s determined to be the man who helps her heal as well as take her back as she walks on the wild side.

As wild and sweet mix, they face challenge after challenge of family struggling with history and terminal illness. Not to mention, Tess’s ex-husband, the drug lord and Brock’s ex-wife, who has a very big playbook are scheming to tear them apart.

But Brock Lucas has wild in him and once in his past on the trail of vengeance he let that wild loose, making a mistake that he would have no idea years later will put his sweet Tess in the position to pay his penance.
"It's all based in love and history and loyalty so really it's kind of beautiful because the alternative would be not having any of that and then where would you be?"
Mm-mm, I love how all of Kristen Ashley's Dream Men are alphas. Brock Lucas with his charming good looks and that rugged look of his comes off as a complete contrast against Tessa O'Hara who's as sweet as her pastries. Yet, we can see the love that comes out of that. Great read!

This was the second book that I read of the Dream Man series and I have to say that I absolutely adored Tack in Motorcycle Man (my review you can see here) and that rough talk of his and his sweet words. I read Mystery Man and hopefully my review will be up soon. 

I have to admit that Brock Lucas isn't my favorite to a certain extent because he was over the top bossy. Tess is the cutest thing. I love how innocent she was and how sweet. But then she comes off as a bit of a pushover at times with Brock.

We first meet him in the book as Jake Knox, Tess' one and only lover after her ex-husband. He's hot and he's straightforward. He's married to his job as a DEA Agent. He fucking loves his kids, Rex and Joel, which is the cutest fucking thing ever. Brock really raised them well.

My God, my God. And Brock can say the fucking sweet-as-hell-I-melted-into-a-puddle things. 
"I can't make any promises about where this is gonna go but what I can do is give you me, keep you safe while you walk on the wild side and work my ass off to do what I can so this never goes bad for you." 
And when he's so straightforward, sometimes it's just such a turn-on.
"Straight up, baby, i wanna explore this with you. I liked what we had, I fuckin' missed it when it was gone, I want that back and I wanna know how it feels to have it not havin' my job comin' between us. […] Because I'm in your bed, you're in mine, I'm in your life, you're in mine, that motherfucker isn't going to be there too."
But I have to say that I absolutely looooved Tess' character. She was independent and strong. But, at the same time, she had that girly sweet side to her. Sometimes I admit she comes off as a pushover because she lets Brock do whatever he wants. And it pisses me off. But then I realize that, despite all that, she can still be sassy and sweet.
"So, if you can't feel that for her, it's not my place to tell you this and I don't mean to offend you but I'm speaking on behalf of the sisterhood here, you need to let her go so she can find someone who feels about her the way she feels about you."
MY GOD! Nothing I love more when a woman defends another for her honor. I just.


And I love how she can also be funny in the most serious of times. Oh God. Tess is just so innocent and naïve that it's adorable!
And secondly, this was not good because I really had to consider never wearing that top again. It didn't do me any favors even in black and white.
That was when she saw her photos with Damien and she was suspected for being involved. Jesus Christ, she had time to think about that!

The characters were pretty damn great and I even loved the supporting characters like Brock's family, Levi and his girl, Dade and even Brock's ex-wife (honest to God I forgot her name but I remember her as the crazy one). Only problem I had was with how their relationship seems a bit too odd at times. Otherwise, fantastic read!

MY RATING:

4 APPLES!!!!!

✭ BOOK LINKS ✭
   
(Click book cover for Goodreads link)

♕ Mystery Man (Dream Man #1) ♕
Amazon | Barnes&Noble

Wild Man (Dream Man #2) ♕
Amazon | Barnes&Noble

♕ Law Man (Dream Man #3) ♕
Amazon | Barnes&Noble

♕ Motorcycle Man (Dream Man #4) ♕

Kristen Ashley was born in Gary, Indiana, USA. She nearly killed her mother and herself making it into the world, seeing as she had the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck (already attempting to accessorise and she hadn't taken her first breath!).

Kristen grew up in Brownsburg, Indiana but has lived in Denver, Colorado and the West Country of England. Thus she has been blessed to have friends and family around the globe. Her posse is loopy (to say the least) but loopy is good when you want to write.

Kristen was raised in a house with a large and multi-generational family. They lived on a very small farm in a small town in the heartland and existed amongst the strains of Glenn Miller, The Everly Brothers, REO Speedwagon and Whitesnake (and the wardrobes that matched).

Needless to say, growing up in a house full of music, clothes and love was a good way to grow up.

And as she keeps growing up, it keeps getting better.

Check her out in these sites:

No comments:

Post a Comment